About StarkCountyWeather.comStarkCountyWeather.com is a privately owned and operated weather information and weather news website serving the residents and visitors of Stark County, Ohio.
StarkCountyWeather.com gathers timely, informative, and educational weather data and information from reliable, non-commercial sources, and provides it as a public service. We are not affiliated with any official government entity or private enterprise.
StarkCountyWeather.com does not publish weather data for the world or the rest of the United States - or even Cleveland. If you are looking for weather in other parts of the country, this is not the weather website you want. Instead, StarkCountyWeather.com concentrates on the weather in our little corner of the world - Stark County, Ohio - and our local communities.
Weather information published on StarkCountyWeather.com originates from privately owned personal weather stations within the county as well as publically-available weather data from the National Weather Service and the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA).
During severe weather events, StarkCountyWeather.com also provides reports from the county's trained SkyWarn spotter network, local news sources, NOAA official reports, and local power companies.
As StarkCountyWeather.com continues to evolve, we plan to add more features and tools residents of Stark County communities can use to educate and protect their lives and property during severe weather events. And, we plan to add some fun features, too.
So, if your looking for weather information, news, and details related to Stark County, Ohio, and the communities within it, then we hope we are your resource for local weather information. If you find something missing from our site, have a question, have a suggestion to help us improve, or you just want to make a simple comment about our site, then we encourage you to contact us. We would love hearing from you.
- Weather Station: Davis Instruments Vantage Pro 2 Wireless
- Data Logger: Davis Instruments WeatherLink datalogger
- Station Software: Weather Display v10.370 build2 (updated 07/24/2009)
- Weather Computer: Custom built dual Pentium IV, 2gb RAM, 520mb HDD
- Backup Power System Type: Storage Battery
- Primary Network Access: Cable
- Secondary Network Access: DSL
- This station provides the primary weather data displayed on starkcountyweather.com
- Other weather stations operated by weather enthusiasts located in Stark County
- The National Weather Service at the Akron-Canton Regional Airport (Green, OH)
- The National Weather Service Office, Cleveland, OH
- The National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA)
- Weather Underground
- Data Upload Frequency: 15 minute intervals